May 28, 2015

Major Life Change!! New Seasons and Brave Steps

EEK!


I've been waiting to write this blog post for a few weeks. I'm really nervous and feeling so many emotions right now!


About a month ago Josiah and I were chatting about what it would look like financially if we moved back to Virginia and he commuted back to NYC Monday-Wednesday for grad school. WHOA, right?? It all started after a conversation with my friend Rachel about how much money we would save if we moved back to Virginia for Josiah's thesis semester after Christmas. Both of us were shocked at how feasible it actually started to sound, and after many many prayers and tears and wisdom talks with our mentor types, we finally have made the decision to move back to Virginia Beach after our Brooklyn lease runs out at the end of June. 

This decision was made not simply because we can't afford to live in Brooklyn, or because we don't trust the Lord. It's because we want to always have our future in mind, and make the wise and right choice, even if it is seemingly the difficult one. We genuinely feel like God is opening SO many doors to be able to move back to VA. Not only will I be able to do hair in Hampton Roads FULL TIME (yes, dear clients of mine, you get me all the time!) but I will be able to work on music endeavors with my band Garland, and Josiah will be able to be a full-time student again and work on his writing completely, which has been our desire the whole time that he's been pursuing his MFA. This last semester has been the hardest for us concerning Josiah's school, because he has had to work almost full time and juggle grad school at the same time, but we feel like God is opening the doors for me to be able to support us financially for this next year to better our future and his career. I feel SO passionate and excited to be able to work for us in this season. I feel like God truly has given me the grace and the favor with my work to do this whole-heartedly and with true enjoyment! 

So, this means Josiah will be commuting up to NYC for classes Monday-Wednesday. Some people may think that is crazy sauce, but honestly it is the best thing for us in this season. We can just agree to disagree if you don't agree with it :) I have been commuting to Virginia for this past year, sometimes for two weeks out of the month, and we both agree that Josiah being gone for shorts spurts of time, with me being busy with my work and having my support system around me, is a much better option for the both of us. Not to mention the $20,000 in student loans it will save us. Cray cray, right?! 

We have so many emotions flooding in right now. We have absolutely fallen in love with NYC, Brooklyn, Greenpoint, and our TGC Williamsburg community. I definitely plan on coming up with Josiah and visiting, and will miss the lifestyle (even though it's insane) so so much. I am also filled with hope and excitement at the thought of doing hair full time in VB, which is my absolute favorite thing to do. I am filled with humility and gratitude and I think back to a year full of clients who stretched out appointment times and waited later than their appointment was schedule to support me, and ultimately help Josiah and I be able to survive in one of the most expensive cities in the US. I absolutely couldn't have done it without you, and I am so excited to meet even more clients and wonderful people through my profession. (If you have hair questions, always feel free to contact me!) 

We are genuinely excited for this new change. Excited to live closer to our parents and siblings, excited to get connected into CBC again, and ready to pursue our dreams with all the new talents and strengths NYC has brought to us.  Will it have challenges? Of course! Every season does. That's why we constantly leaning into God's grace and strength. 

In Christ Alone, My Hope Is Found. 

xoxo Wynt In (and out of) The City


No comments:

Post a Comment